Remote Public Hearing - Thursday, February 25
NOTICE and AGENDA for
THE CALIFORNIA COMMISSION ON ASIAN AND PACIFIC ISLANDER AMERICAN AFFAIRS
REMOTE PUBLIC HEARING
Date: THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2021 Time: 5:15PM (PST)
Under Government Code section 11123(a), all meetings of a state body are open and public, and all persons are permitted to attend any meeting of a state body, except as otherwise provided in that article. Pursuant to Executive Order N-29-20, certain provisions of the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act are suspended due to a State of Emergency in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Consistent with the Executive Order, this Commission meeting will be conducted by virtually. None of the locations from which Commissioners will participate will be open to the public. Members of the public who wish to observe the meeting may do so via web or phone.
You are welcome to call in at 1 (669) 900-6833, ID: 882 9440 2741# Passcode: 750622
Members of the public will be invited to provide comments at the time the specific agenda item is raised. Members of the public who wish to make a comment may do so by pushing the raised hand button in Zoom during consideration of the agenda item they wish to comment on. Speakers are asked to limit their comment to approximately 2-minutes.
- Welcome and Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Chair Opening Remarks
- Comments from Asian Pacific Islander Legislative Caucus
- Public testimonials
- Increased violence against Asian American communities, and
- COVID health impacts on Asian American and Pacific Islander communities.
- Public Comment
- During this comment period, any person is invited to speak on any topic that is not listed on this agenda. Action may not be taken on any matter raised during this public comment period until the matter is specifically listed on a future agenda. Those who wish to comment on an item that has been listed on this agenda may comment when that item has been opened for consideration by the Commission and before any action is taken.
- Comments from the Chair and Commissioners
The Commission complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the members of the board is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Nkauj Iab Yang at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-860-6137, as soon as practicable, and at least by the day before the meeting.
Requests for information prior to the meeting may be directed to Nkauj Iab Yang at email@example.com or 510-860-6137. To view this agenda online please visit our website at http://caapicommission.org/
Relevant documents can be found below